At the beginning of the season, I questioned whether it was a good idea to switch from Sugarloaf to Sunday River. I really enjoyed Sugarloaf, the terrain is amazing, (For the East coast) the apres ski and nightlife is a lot of fun and I know a lot of fun people up there - Skip especially. I really enjoy hanging out with and riding with Skip. I missed all of that, but I just couldn't do the drive anymore. It took up way too much of my time and it was killing me how long it took. I was always half asleep by the time I finally got up there.
I have to say, even though I miss Sugarloaf a lot, I am so glad I made the switch back to Sunday River. I met up with all of my old friends and met some new ones. I feel like I have really bonded with everyone again and have some good friends that I will see more than just at the River. We all have plans to hang out this summer. There is talk of dinner out in Boston, Red Sox games, a Black Crows concert, and even a girls night out on the town. That will be a great time. I am looking forward to that. We had a lot of fun and a lot of laughs this winter.
So, thank you Sunday River peeps for hanging out this winter and giving me such a memorable experience this year. I am looking forward to next winter already. Here are some pics from one of the last weekends up at the River. Until next season!!!
Mikey ripping it!!
Another Mike......visiting his Doucette peeps from Hunter Mountain..... air guitar....
(This guy rips by the way!!) His girlfriend is a sweetheart too.
I am not quite sure what this guy was thinking. I think he was a little confused about his gender. He appears to be going for the Madonna / Dominatrix look. Most men are not the dominatrix, they especially do not carry whips! Hummmm?? As a matter of fact, one of the girls in our group thought he was a woman at first as she commented on, "at least she has nice legs".....ummmm.....that is a dude, dear!! Not quite appropriate attire at a family oriented ski resort!!
This guy was sporting the beach look....go grampa!! I think he forgot to consult with the local beauty salon prior to his unveiling for the season though....his back needed a little TLC. ;-)
During the week he leads a normal life, living in disguise as a mortal man. On the weekends, he is known as, "Beer Man".....quenching the thirst to all of those in need of a buzz. Thank you Beer Man!!!
I have never seen Bobby - D get so excited before until we spotted, "The Hammer" from the Chairlift. To all of you who are not familiar with "The Hammer", please allow me to enlighten you. The Hammer is a self proclaimed professional Ski bum who makes it his life's mission to work all summer as a landscaper just so he can ski bumps all winter long. He is featured in a local movie series by a film company called, Meathead Films. One film in particular that Bobby owns and loves is called, "Snow Gods". I watched it with him after we spotted The Hammer. It is a pretty good film, mostly consisting of Killington Footage....but I have to say, this guy DOES rip on the bumps. Check out some footage here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqb9w1ZLz4E
This is the Movie if you are interested.
http://www.usoutdoorstore.com/outlet/ally-snow-gods-dvd.html
Bobby was extra excited when he was able to get and give, "knuckles" with The Hammer. Giddy like a school girl!!
Here is The Hammer on a bump run which they happened to be filming at that moment.
Here is a close-up of the Hammer and his buddy, "Radio Ron" who is also featured in these films. I chatted it up with them for a bit and it wasn't until after I took these pictures that I realized that the Hammer was giving me the Shocker in these pics. Nice dude! What a classy guy, huh? LOL!!
"What is in the cooler Ron?" I asked. "Oh, this? It is filled with Vodka. You need something to quench your thirst after skiing bumps all day." He responded. Mikey thought that was hilarious.
Here is Bobby with his Kiddos. He is raising two little rippers. His son Henry was flying down black diamonds no problem....faster than most of the adults! He is super cute! His daughter Gracie is trying out the Teli's. He is starting them young. (Silly Pinners!!) ;-)
She is 8, willing to learn and kicking butt!
Tracy, all smiles as usual!! Love that girl! She is soooo funny.....did I mention that yet?? ;-p
Chuck and Mary.......they are so cute!!
Look out for the patrollers!! Mike and Chip......
Whoa! Look out Tracy!! Don't fall!!!
Well, here's to the end of another really fun season.....onto other fun hobbies of mine. Dirt Biking and Wakboarding / boating. I can't wait!! As my friend Regina said to me recently, "enough already! Time to put the flippin snowboard away and to get out the dirt bike so we can ride!!" LOL! She was a little passionate about the fact that we don't get to hang out much in the winter because I spend my entire winter up north every weekend. SORRY! Stay tuned for photo's and stories about my summer adventures.
I have a lot to tell you about already....but I will save that for a different post. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment