Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A plane, a car, a wedding, add some Rock - Now that's a good time!!

What a whirlwind!! Steve and I flew into LA this past weekend to go to my friend Sue's wedding in Newport Beach, California. It was a very quick, but very fun 3 day weekend. My friend Sue is one of my girlfriends from Colorado whom, ironically enough, I met at a Bachelor auction shortly after she moved to Colorado. She is from California originally but needed a change of scenery. Colorado is the best place for that for sure! Sue and I hit it off right away, she is a lot of fun. She met Stuart shortly after I moved away and the rest is history. Stuart is a sweetheart of a guy who I know will take amazing care of Sue. It is awesome to see her so happy, to see both of them so happy!




Steve and I stayed at the hotel where the wedding was being held. What a BEAUTIFUL hotel in a beautiful location. We had an amazing time.

Here are some pics from the wedding:

























Sue had incredibly beautiful centerpieces! I loved all of the flowers, they were so well done. Very artistic.













CHEERS! Here's to Sue and Stuart!! And no, that is not champagne that Steve is drinking. It was sparkling cider. They thought of everything! Stuart doesn't drink, so it was perfect for Steve.



























Before the wedding, Steve and I had ample play time, it was awesome! For those of you who don't know Steve very well, I need to give you a little background so you understand some of the following photos. Steve is EXTREMELY into music, very passionate. His genre of choice is Classic Rock. When he was growing up, he was super into the LA music scene. Not in such a way that he hung out down there, but in that the bands that were born from that scene he loved and always dreamed of going to the Sunset Strip and seeing one of his favorite bands play. Well, years later, here he is, finally on the strip, in his glory!! The only missing piece is that we unfortunately, didn't get to catch a show. And to add insult to injury a band he would have LOVED to have seen, played the NIGHT BEFORE!! Bummer! Camp Freddy is Dave Navarro's band who has "special guests" pop in now and then to jam with him and we heard that Slash and Tommy Lee made an appearance the night before. Oh damn!! Sorry Steve!!

Steve in front of The Roxy - His dream club, The Whisky-A-Go-Go and the Viper Room. He was like a kid in a candy store. It was broad day light, in the middle of the day and he was all fired up. I can't even imagine what he would have been like at night when shows were in full swing. Look out!!






























Right here, Steve is thinking to himself, "FU%K!!!"




























I rented a really fun car while we were there. Speaking of cars, holy crap the cars there are RIDICULOUS! We saw the usual BMW's, Mercedes, Lexus, you see everywhere in New England. But what was so crazy is that in addition to everyone owning an expensive vehicle, there were just as many Ferrari's, Lotus's and tricked out Hummers; falling into the ridiculously expensive category. It was crazy! Very beautiful cars. I have no idea how these people have so much flippin money because the cost of living out there is crazy. Well, that lifestyle isn't for me, but it was fun to people watch.




We were able to also check out Laguna Beach. The weather was kind of cold for California, but the beach and surrounding area was very pretty. It was fun to see. We also ate very yummy food while we were there. We found an amazing Asian-fusion restaurant in LA that was so delicious. Checking out different restaurants is one of my favorite things to do when I travel. The food was a treat!

Thank you, Sue and Stuart for inviting us to join you on your special day. The wedding was wonderful and we had a great time checking out California.

XOXO

No comments: