Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Another end but another beginning......

I went to Georgetown for one last hurrah this past weekend. It wasn't quite the same as Labor Day Weekend, but it was still fun to go up and see Becca, Skip and Brett. The weather wasn't great which made it difficult to go wakeboarding. We actually only officially went one time. It was raining most of the time that we wanted to go. Bummer! It was still nice to go up and play on the boat one last time before I put it away.
I got up there Friday night and we went to the Boathouse Bistro in Boothbay via Skips boat. It was Skip, Becca and I. Brett didn't make it this time. It was foggy, but still really warm and a beautiful night. It rained while we were in town, but luckily didn't get rained on while we were going to and from Georgetown on the boat, that would have sucked!

I did have a traumatic but funny experience happen to me at dinner. After dinner, I ordered a dessert which was a combination of Chocolate, Vanilla, Raspberry Sorbet and Ice Cream. I was enjoying it and scooped up a bit of something that resembled a piece of chocolate. I put it in my mouth and instantly freaked out because the texture was not that of chocolate but that of metal!! I spit it out on my hand and saw that it was a freaking rusty spring!! OMG GROSS!! Becca starts cracking up because I made a horrid face and she said, "I am so glad that kind of stuff doesn't only happen to me". The waitress came over to see if everything was okay and I showed her the spring. We were laughing so hard, but I wanted to know where it came from and asked her if she could check to see if it fell off the ice cream scooper. Nope....so, somehow this nasty ass rusty spring got into the ice cream where it was made. I joked and told the waitress that maybe they needed to inspect the ice cream with a metal detector!! LOL! We kept the spring as a souvenir. Skip thinks I need a tetanus shot!




After dinner we went to see Lovewhip play for a little bit at a local bar. I like that band, they are really different than most bar bands. They actually play up at Sugarloaf a lot, I have seen them up there before. We were in Boothbay until about 1 am which was foolish because when we got back, it was super late and we all stayed up and hung out for a bit at Dans...so we were too tired to get up early and take advantage of the glass in the morning!! FOOLISH! None of us went then....so I went for a 25 mile bike ride instead.


After the bike ride we went wakeboarding. It was starting to get foggy and rainy, but we went anyway. It was fun and we ran into some friends, Chris and Liv while they were coming back from Boothbay.

That night, Skip and I went out to dinner and then met Becca at The Sebasco Resort where she works. It was funny, there was another wedding going on. Becca told us that this crowd was especially snobby. She wasn't too fond of some of the guests. I was listening to some of them and they were mostly from NY and Aspen. Go figure.

The next day was really rainy and we didn't end up going wakeboarding. Skip and I got up early and met up with Brett and Becca for breakfast at the local greasy spoon in Bath called Southgate. After breakfast we went out to Reid State Park to check out a mountain bike race. I felt bad for those folks because it was cold and rainy! It looked like they were having fun anyway.

After that, I wanted to get my boat out of the water so I could shower and pack up to head south. I actually was very excited because I had a date with someone that night whom I really wanted to meet. I had plans to go meet Michael in Portland to have dinner and drinks.

As I drove my boat out of Georgetown back into Bath; through the cold rain to the boat launch to pull it out, I realized that this was the end of one fun season.....but the beginning of another. It is sad, but exciting at the same time. Of course as I sit and do this post, I realize that I once again did not snap any pictures of my time with Skip and Becca while I was in town. What is my problem?! But the next half of this post is where I tell you about another beginning of something in my life that I am excited about.....I have pictures to share this time!! :-)

I met Michael around 6:30 at his house so I could park the boat in a safe place. He lives in a nice neighborhood. He also has a dog, Finnagan and I had Buddy with me. So we walked the boys together when I arrived. I was very excited to meet Michael because we have a ton in common and had great phone chemistry. When I saw him in person....I was like, "WOW". He put a huge smile on my face. We instantly hit it off.

After walking the boys, we went into town for dinner. We talked and laughed and really had a great time. After dinner I went back to his home to pick up Buddy so I could head home, but it was still early so I hung out for a bit. It was so nice, we are both really active have a ton of energy and like the same activities. He surfs, snowboards, (goes up to the mountains every weekend - bonus!!) bikes, sails, runs, etc. etc. We are also both really into photos. He takes as many pictures as I do. We sat at his place for a while, hung out and looked at photos. It was a lot of fun. What I also like about him is that he is funny and goofy. He makes me laugh.
We hit it off so well, that he invited me to go sailing with he and his buddies for their last race of the season. I left that night so excited to have finally hit it off so well with someone after the dates that I have been on recently as well as over the last couple of years. Dating sucks and in my age range, it is so hard to find someone without all the baggage and drama. Michael is just so easy, breezy and we just click. It is so nice.
I joined him Thursday for sailing and met a lot of his friends. It was fun to be on a sailboat like that again. It had been a while, since the Revo. They let me do backstays because I told Michael I refused to go on board and be railmeat! He was happy to give me a job! :-)
After sailing, they had a big party at a local bar to celebrate the end of the sailing season as well as getting people together for some friends that were in town. There is a couple that used to live in Portland and moved to England, but they were in town visiting so Michael threw a party in their honor. It was a lot of fun. I really enjoyed meeting his friends. They are all really nice and funny people. A lot of them also spend their winter skiing up at Sugarloaf....so I think this is going to be a really fun winter for sure with all of the new people to ski with as well as Michael.
He and I are hitting it off so well, it is really exciting. He also invited me to Nantucket for the weekend to stay with him at his family's house. I did end up going, but I am going to save that for another post because it was way too much fun and there are a ton of photo's from it. Keep looking for it, I am sure I will post something next week sometime when I have more time. Until then....here are some pics......enjoy........
Meet Michael...........
Captain Erik asleep at the helm........



Michael said that this was our prom picture because we have matching crokies:






Some of Michael's buddies at the party, Ryan and Kevin:



That is all for now.....tune in for the Nantucket posting.........

Until next time........

Namaste'

No comments: