Monday, October 6, 2008

"There Once Was A Man From Nantucket......"

I was invited to go to Nantucket by Michael as a last minute thing and I went....It was very spontaneous as I had about two days notice. It was so last minute because Michael and I had just met and we both were not sure if it was appropriate or not so early in our relationship. When we met, we clicked so well and bonded so fast that we just wanted to spend a lot of time together. I decided that it would be an incredibly fun thing to do and the weather was supposed to be beautiful.




I packed up myself and my two doggies and off I went. He picked me up at work at 3:30 so we could catch the 8:00 ferry out of Hyannis. It was so crazy having three doggies, a bike and all of our luggage, but it made for a really fun adventure. It was the most fun I have had in a really long time. There is just something about him that is just so fun to be around. I instantly felt comfortable around him from the minute I met him and during this trip...I felt like I had known him for a really long time.


He brought a bottle of wine with him for the ferry ride over. Once underway, we went to the top of the ferry to watch the scenery....(in the dark....but it was still beautiful)....and drink some wine. It was so nice. He is just so easy to be around, we had a nice boat ride over. It actually was a little romantic in that we had the entire top of the ferry to ourselves, were drinking wine, talking and checking out the beautiful ocean.



Once we got to Nantucket, we were both actually really tired from the night before. We were sailing and out partying until really late. I got home super late that night. It was fun, but we were both paying for it at this point. We got settled into his house and took the doggies for a walk around downtown before bed so he could show me the town. What a cute town it is. I love it there.



We finished the wine and went to bed. We got up somewhat early the next morning and went out to a nice breakfast after walking the dogs. After breakfast we met up with their caretaker, Terry to get some work done on the house. This was actually one of the main reasons we went to the island was to get the house ready for winter rental. Terry helped us out for a bit and then was kind enough to offer a guided tour around the island with his car since I had not been to the island in years and didn't remember it at all. (I went when I was much, much younger). Michael and I didn't have a car obviously so we jumped at the offer. Michael was trying to figure out a way to show me the entire island, so this worked out perfect.




I loved it, what a beautiful island! I particularly remember how sad it is to see these beautiful homes on beautiful waterfront property that are soon to be destroyed due to erosion. It is so sad. Terry drove us all over and I saw a ton of beautiful homes, a lighthouse, different beaches, etc. It was so nice. When he brought us back, Michael and I brought the dogs for another walk then went for a bike ride to a really nice beach. We walked the beach for a while and talked a lot. It was so nice getting to know him in this way. I was so nervous at first to go away with him like that - without really knowing him, but it was working out so well. The more time I was spending with him, the more I was starting to really like him. He is such a great guy in so many ways.



Yes, we are total dorks....taking pictures of each other while riding bikes! ;-) It was actually really fun.....


Michael is a total goofball....I love that about him. He is a lot of fun. Here he is making silly faces and acting silly.......












After our beach adventure, we got cleaned up because he wanted to take me out to a nice dinner for a more formal "date". It was so nice! We went to a really nice restaurant and he spoiled me rotten. We had a wonderful bottle of wine, a delicious meal and saved room for ice cream at a local ice cream shop....which we actually ended up skipping after all because we decided to go out with one of his friends we bumped into earlier in the day.




After our wonderful dinner, we went back to change into more casual clothes and took a cab out to meet up with his friend Shawn. What a hilarious evening this ended up being! I honestly felt like I was in high school again. Michael wanted to have a bit of an 80's theme when we went out so he made headbands for the guys to wear...which they loved. We had a few drinks at Shawn's house where I also met, "PT" which Michael later renamed him, "PT Cruiser". I thought that was hilarious. We then walked over the the infamous "Chicken Box" to see a local U2 cover band which may sound a little cheesy....they were actually incredible. I was so impressed. We danced and had some drinks and hung out there until 1 am. Michael and I decided that it was getting late and grabbed a cab ride home. What an incredible night! I had so much fun.


This is "PT Cruiser"........



This is crazy Shawn............(This guy has a ton of energy!!)




At the Chicken Box.......



After a crazy night out, we got up early again to go out to breakfast. It was the most delicious breakfast. We went to a place that typically has a two hour wait in the peak of the summer. But because we were there during the off season, we only had to wait 15 minutes. I can see why this place fills up, the food was so frigin good!


After breakfast we actually spent 3 hours working on the house. It was a lot of work to get things cleaned up and ready for a winter rental, but it was fun to do together. It was a beautiful day and most of the work was outside. Their house is so super cute, it was fun to spend time there.


After we worked on the house, we walked the dogs to the doggie beach, then went for one last bike ride and swim at the nicer beach. It was surprisingly warm enough to go for a swim. It was a lot of fun to play around in the water with Michael. He is so much fun, it is like hanging out with a college kid. He is all about fun and having a good time. We of course documented everything as usual. It is nice to not feel like such a camera dork because he is as into taking pictures as I am.









These are pictures of us swimming around....Michael wanted to play chicken, but we didn't have anyone to play against.....so we got into position anyway in case someone came along.......




This is a rare moment for me to be walking around in a bikini without being covered up....I thought I would prove that it was possible. ;-)



We rinsed off in the beach showers. It was frigin cold. This is Michael reacting to the temperature. I think this picture is hilarious.
I think I just might like this guy......a lot! :-D



The other bonus to this relationship is that he has an adorable Golden Retriver, Finnagan. My boys now have a new brother. They love each other so far. They play all the time and wear each other out. It is so cute.


This is Finnagan practicing his Ninja moves on Buddy. It looks like he is doing the crane here!
Too cute!

But they do get into trouble too! Bad, bad boys!!

Finny loves his new brothers........

This picutre is too funny....Boo can barely see over the seat. Sooo cute!


We also found some antique cars while we were there. Very nice!

Michael wanted this picture for his friend Ryan. Ryan has this exact truck and loves them. He is a collector. I have some pictures of a four wheeling adventure that we did recently where we took Ryan's Toyota and Michael's friend Erik's old Defender out for some fun in the mud. Look for that post at some point.



After our doggie walking, biking and swimming, we unfortunately had to pack up and leave the island. I was bummed because I had an incredible time and really got to know Michael. We bonded so much and really like each other. We decided that we want to officially be an exclusive couple. So now I can tell you that I have a wonderful boyfriend, Michael that I am very excited about. He is so great. We have had many adventures already that I will be telling you about over time. He has a ton of energy like I do and loves to stay active. It is perfect.
It took me almost 1 month to do this post because we have been spending so much time together and have been so busy. I haven't had time to work on my blog. So it may take me a while to do new posts, but stay tuned because they are coming. I have been up to so much that I want to tell you all about. I am having a blast!
Until next time........
Thank you for reading.
Namaste'