that Jeff was going to be that guy....but then he f'd me over and it didn't work out. But in 3 years, I haven't had my socks knocked off.....except...well.....that is another chapter.But my vent is this. Okay, what am I looking for....in a very quick summary: Tall, good looking, active, ski's, has a career, intelligent, nice, fun / funny, driven, adventurous, challenges me, etc. That is the quick list. I have met a guy recently that is *most* of this list. He is good looking, 6'5" - I mean he couldn't be any taller, has a career, ski's, very nice, etc. You would think, great...I've met a potential candidate. Well, since our first date, (of which we have only had three) I just can't put my finger on it, he just doesn't set my pants on fire or get me jazzed. I don't know what my problem is. He is so nice and I just feel like I am forcing myself to like him.
So, here is the deal. I am taking the advice of my friend Dale. (I call him Daffy Dale actually....funny story about his name that I will tell you at the end to at least end this rant on a high note). Dale is one of my friends that I ski with on the weekends up here at Sunday River - where I am right now. He is happily married, has two kids, is here every weekend with his family and is living the life I would love to have some day. (To have a career and work hard during the week, but goes skiing every weekend with his friends and family....that his ENTIRE family - wife and kids - is into it and loves this lifestyle as much as he does). It's great. We were talking last weekend about my situation and how I am having a hard time getting jazzed about a guy because it is hard to find someone that is into this as much as I am. Dale was cracking me up because he told me that I need to skip the whole dinner date thing and just tell them, "look, if we are going to date, you need to come up to the mountain, take a couple of runs with me and I will let you know if I am interested at that point". That way I am not wasting any time. Dale said, "if he doesn't rip, he's out. Chelsi, you need someone who rips".
LOL! I was CRACKING up! I thought it was hilarious but strangely logical. It is so true. I have such a passion for this lifestyle that I just can't settle for anyone that can't ski. I would go crazy. It is a dream of mine to have a significant other that would love to take ski vacations to BC, Colorado and ski every weekend in Maine. It shouldn't be so hard to find this in a man, but IT IS!! Plus I find it extremely sexy when a man can rip. I don't know why, I just do.
So, "Mike" (I will call him), said he wanted to go skiing with me. I said, "okay.....you want to ski with me? Fine. You are more than welcome to meet me up at Sunday River either via day trip or get a room somewhere". I mean, how cruel can I be to this poor guy?! I feel like such a bitch. Before tonight, we had two dates. If I was into this guy, I would have invited him to stay with me at my place. I have a nice 1 bedroom apartment in Bethel that I am renting as my ski place for the winter. I have been saying to myself how nice it would be to have someone stay here with me sometime. I am Jerry Frigin Seinfeld! What is the matter with me? Good looking, nice, ski's, etc. and I am making him stay in a hotel?! UGH!
The truth of the matter is, I really think that it is because (well, at least most recently because) I can't keep my mind off someone else. That is a whole different story that I won't go into at this time....maybe some other time. But I feel like I am being unfair to "Mike". I should be upfront with him and tell him I have feelings for someone else right now. But part of me feels bad because he is trying so hard. He really wants to date me, it is obvious with how much effort he is putting in to this right now. I mean he is in a hotel room down the street right now for crying out loud!! And another part of me thinks that, hey, maybe if he rips, I may somehow become attracted to him. But I am telling you....if he doesn't rip, he is sooooo done. I just can't take it anymore. I feel so bad. Isn't that terrible? I sound like such a cold hearted bitch and that is sooooo not me. I just think I should take Dale's advice and see what happens.
I am soooo miserable right now for so many reasons. I have been spending my time thinking about someone I can't even be with right now and I have a guy at my fingertips that is good for me and I don't want him. "Mike" came up to Sunday River tonight, met all my friends up here, they all seem to like him and he is here to ski with me tomorrow. It should be an exciting time for me. But every time he touched me or put his arm around me I cringed. What is the matter with me??!!
Well, I will let you know tomorrow if he rips or not. I am going to feel bad if he doesn't because I am meeting up with a huge crew tomorrow. Honestly, I think there is going to be at a minimum 12 people with a potential for 4 to 6 more. They all rip. If he doesn't rip, I am going to feel so bad. Ugh, I am so nervous.
Okay.....onto the funny story. So, my friend Dale I met here 9 years ago when I was an Ambassador. Basically what that is, is a volunteer program that allows people to work for the mountain, wear a mountain jacket, ski around, help out the ski patrol, help out the guests, etc. And you get a free seasons pass for doing it. Well, my first year was Dale's 3rd. He had been here for a while and already knew a bunch of people in the program. I was actually the youngest Ambassador at that time. I was 24 and Dale is now, I think, 46....so he was 37 then. I was walking by Dale and a group of other Ambassadors one day with my snowboard and he said to me, "hey, are you going to go and do a Daffy on your snowboard?" I stopped dead and turned to
him and said, "you can't do a Daffy on a snowboard". (like, DUH!) and I laughed with everyone else who was laughing in the group. We all got a good laugh out of it. He later told me that he was actually really embarrassed because he said he was trying to break the ice with me and talk to me so he thought he could do that by naming a trick. But it was a ski trick not a snowboard trick. LOL! So, I called him Daffy Dale after that. He is a SUPER nice guy. A real sweetheart so he was totally cool about it. Funny!!
him and said, "you can't do a Daffy on a snowboard". (like, DUH!) and I laughed with everyone else who was laughing in the group. We all got a good laugh out of it. He later told me that he was actually really embarrassed because he said he was trying to break the ice with me and talk to me so he thought he could do that by naming a trick. But it was a ski trick not a snowboard trick. LOL! So, I called him Daffy Dale after that. He is a SUPER nice guy. A real sweetheart so he was totally cool about it. Funny!!Okay...I am going to bed now. I just needed to vent before bed. Wish me luck. I am going to need it!!!!!
Goodnight baby...I am thinking about you....You know who you are.
;-)
1 comment:
I rip.
Post a Comment