Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Do I ever Work??!!

I am now writing about my adventure in Florida. Yes....I have been taking a lot of vacations lately, I know. But this one is work related, I swear!! Well....kind of. ;-) I went to the Orlando Builders Convention. It is one of the largest trade shows in the nation. Hundreds of thousands of people attend this show. The vendor booths are absolutely amazing. Kohler has the best booth. It is literally 6 kitchens and many, many bathrooms. They have professional chefs come and demonstrate in the kitchens as well as have dancers on a stage once an hour performing dance that is similar to Cirque Du Soleil. Incredible.

Wells Fargo also has a huge party where they rent out the entire House of Blues, hire a band, have an open bar and serve tons of food. It is great! I attend this conference because industry experts speak, I get to see the latest trends in the industry on the vendor floor and I schmoose with clients. It is a great time and I always learn a lot.

This year, my friend Steve, (whom I mentioned in an earlier post) came to visit me since he is on his sailing adventure and was sort of close by. We have kept in touch during his whole trip and were really excited to hang out since it had been a few months since we had seen each other. We had a really great time. We went out to eat a lot, Sushi, Thai, Seafood, you name it! Yum! We also went to Busch Gardens, he got to see the tradeshow vendor floor, but most importantly we went to see the Daytona 500.

What an amazing experience that was! I have never seen anything like it!! To some of you, NASCAR I am sure seems really lame and boring....I know what you mean; I have watched it on TV before and was not really impressed. It is boring to watch 40 cars drive in a circle for 200 laps. BUT I am telling you....unless you have seen it in person...you have NO IDEA!! I couldn't even explain to you what it felt like to see, feel and smell these cars go by me at 190 MPH on each other's asses. The first time they whizzed by me in a noisy blur and I felt debris hitting me in the face I was absolutely amazed and impressed. I cannot believe how frigin fast these cars go around this track. These guys have major balls!! Holy shit! What a trip! It was such a fun time. I would go again for sure!

Steve and I had a great time. I am really looking forward to visiting him in USVI /BVI in March. What did I say? Yes, I did....yep you guessed it, another vacation. It is my last one for a while, I swear!! It is like I said before; I take advantage of opportunities for adventure. I do work....seriously!!!

No comments: