Saturday, March 1, 2008

Spoiled Rotten!!!

I had to make a post to show you the incredible amounts of snow that we are getting up here in Maine. What an incredible winter I am having. I feel so spoiled. Between powder in Colorado, Powder in BC and the powder I have been getting at Sunday River.....it is enough to make me pinch myself and be soooo thankful.

Within the last week, Bethel has had over 2 feet of snow, it snowed all night last night and I enjoyed a fresh new 8 inches today. We are expecting another 8 to 12 tonight!! Sweet! Just to put this winter in perspective for all of you who may not be familiar with New England winters, there are records being set all over the place this year. In my hometown of Concord, NH they are close to breaking the record snowfall amount that was set in 1918. I was just there the other night and it is like driving around in a maze. The snowbanks that line the streets are like walls. They also have built the worlds tallest snowwoman in Bethel. The last time they did this, it was in 1999. Almost 10 years ago! They only build the snowman/woman when there is so much snow from plowing the town roads that the only solution is to start piling it UP. Sooooo crazy! Here is an excerpt from the towns website:


"At 113’7” tall, the World's Tallest Snowman was created in Bethel, Maine in 1999. Now the community has set another world record... building the World's Tallest SnowWoman at 122'1"."


Isn't she pretty? Look, she is complete with lipstick and mascara. "Girl, who does your makeup?!"
(By the way, if you look close, her lashes are ski's.....that is how frigin huge she is!!)


Sorry the pictures are so "cloudy"...it's because, well, it's SNOWING!!! :-D


The ski house I am renting has snowbanks up to the roof now! It's crazy!!


I am loving this! I spent the entire day in the trees. It was a blast! More please. I am heading up to Sugarloaf tonight to pay a long overdue visit to my buddy Skippa. I love Sugarloaf when it dumps like this, they have an "above treeline" area that is a lot of fun because it can be a little challenging.

1 comment:

Becca said...

Hi Chelsi...looked you up!! Had a great time riding with you the other day...you rip. Look forward to seeing some pictures of the adventure on your BLOG. Thanks for the tree advice, look forward to some new stuff in the future. Have fun on your next adventure!!!