Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Let's go out to dinner and see a Trannie..........


I had a fun weekend this weekend. It was one of the first weekends I spent at home which was great. I have been traveling all over the place every weekend so it was nice to be able to chill at home, spend some time with my friend Regina and not feel like I am living out of a suitcase.

Regina and I went dirt biking on Saturday which was hilarious. We found a new spot to go to which just happens to be behind my house. For two seasons I have been trailering the bikes all over New England just to stumble upon a trail system right behind my flippin house! DUH! I knew there was a new development being built back there and the builder went bankrupt. But I didn't realize that there were tons of dirt roads already put in and people ATV back there all the time apparently!!






I don't have any photos of our actual adventure, (these pics were taken earlier in the summer). But I busted out my helmet cam for some footage because I want to make a video at some point with all the wakeboarding, snowboarding and now dirt biking footage I have been taking over the years. What was hilarious about our adventure was that for some reason Reggie and I were a mess and kept falling all over the place. I have some footage of me falling off my bike which is sooooo funny! You see me fall backwards and then you see my legs fly up into the air. That will definitely make it on to the video. I have to have a bail section. I have some good wakeboarding and Snowboarding bails already. :-)


What was making us fall is we kept trying to ride up this really steep hill that was long and full of lose rock, sand and small boulders. It was super hard. Reggie and I both made it up once and the rest of the time we kept wiping out. It was so funny. I am going to go back there and clean up the road by taking all the lose rock off and I am sure it won't be a problem to get up the next time. We were so pooped by the end between the heat and having to lift our heavy bikes up left and right. It was ridiculous, I think we have some great footage though.

Sunday Reggie and I went to the beach. That was awesome. I feel like I haven't chilled out like that in weeks. It was so nice. We just chatted it up, checked out the scenery and I passed out for an hour. I was so relaxed that day.


This is Regina and Katie.


Regina's husband, Gerry showed up later but I didn't get a picture of him. I should have because he was getting a new tattoo that morning. I will have to post some pics of Gerry and his new body art at some point.

Friday night and Saturday night I went out on a date with two different guys. I have been out with them both before. I don't have too much to report on that except for one conversation I had one night which freaked me out a little.

It is a harsh reality about being single in my demographic. The conversation was basically about the fact that he and I are at a certain age where it is harder and harder to find a quality relationship with what is available in our age group. He is a professional that works for a huge company and he travels quite a bit. He knows a lot of other professional woman that he considers quality women. He was telling me that a lot of the professional women he knows are starting to take themselves out of the dating pool because they are so tired of the BS and the games you get with the available pool of men that is in our demographic. They are starting to be content with being single and either having a child on their own or just having a pet. He also told me that the older we get, it seems that these quality women take themselves out and men stay out there but just keep getting worse as far as baggage and drama. Now this is a GUY telling me this. Holy crap that scares me. I was already aware of all of this, but it is scary to hear it from another single guy.

Maybe I am old fashioned but I have hope that there is someone out there still that is perfect for me. Who knows, but it is scary. After what I have been through in the last 12 months, I am starting to wonder if I would be happier doing just that, having a kid on my own or something. It sucks to be alone, but it also sucks to go through the pain and the drama of a guy being shitty to you. I already have two dogs that I love and keep me entertained and really happy. I also have an awesome core group of friends and family that I love and I see often. I don't think I would actually do that, but I won't lie and say that the thought hasn't crossed my mind.



My second date was fun. We had a nice dinner and after dinner headed over to a club I have been to once before that I love. I went last summer with Kelly and Kristy and we had a great time. I wanted to go back since we were so close to it. It is a Transvestite club called Jacques. It is just like the Birdcage. For any of you who haven't seen this movie, there are men that get extremely dolled up to the point where they look like women who are in a production of some sort.

They have flashy clothes, crazy wigs, tons of makeup, etc. It is so amazing what they do to themselves. They lip sync to club music and dance around a stage for every ones amusement. It is a lot of fun. This is actually a hot spot for Bachelorette parties. The two times I have been there, there are a minimum of 6 bridal parties there. I think there were actually 10 brides there this time. They all went up on stage while I was there. It was a riot. There was a Brittany Spears impersonator, Whitney Houston, Madonna, Etc. It was great. I loved it. I think I want to go back but with my sister this time. She would LOVE IT!

Here are some pics for you to check out. It is nuts!! What a riot!






















Just in case, the Trannie in this pic is the one to the left in the black dress. They dance in the crowd every now and then.









































Isn't that hilarious! What a great time!



I wanted to post this picture of Boo because it just cracks me up. Anyone who knows Boo and knows his personality will get a kick out of this:






He is a nut. I wanted to post a couple of pics of my boys. I took my camera with me this time on our walk this weekend because I am worried I won't have Boo for too much longer, he is getting old. I wanted to document the boys playing with each other. They love each other. It is going to be sad when Boo goes. I think Buddy is going to be more sad that I will be and I am going to be super bummed.


They are so funny, they always fight over the same stick. It is ridiculous, but cute though.






Well, that is all I have to report for this weekend. Nothing too exciting. Oh, actually, I had girls night out last week with some girlfriends and I found out that one of them is pregnant! That is very exciting. I also just found out that one of the girls that works at DEI - (My company) is pregnant as well! That makes 6 of my friends that I found out this summer are expecting. It is soooo crazy! Everyone is having a baby right now. I am excited for everyone. Kristy is due any time now. I can't wait!

I went out to dinner with my sister this week and wanted to post some pics from that night. We had an amazing frozen margarita that was definitely note worthy and I had to show everyone....how pretty is that???




This weekend coming up I am excited about because it is Labor Day weekend....a long weekend! I am heading up to Maine to hang out with my friends Skip, Becca and Brett for some wakeboarding, adventures to Boothbay & Portland and a day relaxing on the beach. I am sure I will have some fun stories from that weekend. Skip is always an adventure.



Until next time..........

No comments: