There were quite a few of us on this trip. It was a great time. I met some new folks too. As for my friends from Sunday River, it was Mike & Tracy, Matt & Leslie and their daughter Ellie, Bobby & Stacey and their son Henry and daughter Gracie. Myself, I brought one of my dogs - Buddy because he is a lot more manageable on a trip like this. I left Boo at my Dad's because he would have been a freakazoid on this trip. I think my friends would have killed me. They all LOVED Buddy though and went on and on about how good he was and that they thought he was a great dog. I am glad he went over so well because some people hate dogs and it is tough to make everyone happy when there is a dog around. No one had any complaints. There were even two people there that were allergic and had no problems with him. Phew! I am glad I had some one on one time with him. He is a great dog.
I digress........ there were some new people that I met and really liked - I apologize if I spell this wrong....but there was a couple - Javan and Meg who I shared a campsite with. Meg was really cool, she surfs, snowboards, is a vegetarian and cooks yummy veggie food!! I liked getting to know her. She and her husband Javan live in Southern Mass which is far, but she wants to come to Hampton and go surfing sometime. So, maybe I will be able to hang out with her again. I don't know though because they were talking about moving out to California. I would like to learn how to surf at some point and she said she would teach me. We'll see. That would be cool.
There also were another two couples and three kids, (7 more people!!) that came along, but they didn't hang out with us as much. They came over now and then to hang out by our campfire, but they mostly stayed at their site and hung out with each other. So I didn't really get to know them that well. There were a total of 19 of us!!! It was crazy. That is by far the largest group I have gone camping with. It was a lot of fun!
This post will be mostly pictures and not so much yapity yap. I took so many pictures on this trip, I will let them do the talking........... :-)
I arrived Friday night, I was there in time for the evening campfire which is my favorite part of camping.
The next morning we woke up to a beautiful day! It was so sunny and warm, no bugs that I can remember day or night. Tracy planned this trip and chose this spot because there is a river you can camp on. It was so beautiful, our sites were right on the water. They have tubes you can rent and you can float down the river. It was a lot of fun.
Mike and Tracy
My campsite..........
Matt and Leslie
There was also a cliff you could jump off into a deep pool of water. I thought this was great....except the water was ICE COLD....I normally would be all about this.....but I was all set with how frigin cold the water was!! :-(
This is Bobby debating....hummmm.....did he jump???
This kid did!!! There were kids doing flips off this cliff....crazy kids!! ;-)
This is where the not so good shower happened! :-( What a bummer. We were having amazing weather then a nasty lighting and thunder storm rolled in. That SUCKED! All of our stuff got soaked and muddy. We huddled under this canopy for a while until a few of us got cold and decided to head into town for some hot chocolate. That was a nice treat.
This is Matt making the best of the storm by mixing up a little rum and Coke.
We wanted to pose with Mommy while she still had that adorable belly. I love pregnant bellies, they are so cute!! I always rub her tummy every time I see her. I am glad she doesn't mind. Most women hate that when they are pregnant.
I have dirt biking planned with Reggie for Saturday, maybe a beach day or brunch with the family in Boston on Sunday. We'll see....but I do have a couple of dates lined up....yes dates....back at it again. I will have to keep you posted on how all this plays out. I am sure some of you may remember my dating fiascos this past winter. My girlfriends always get a kick out of my dating stories. Most of them are married, so they like to hear about all the details - it either makes them glad they are married or they live vicariously though my stories. Depending on how things go of course.
No comments:
Post a Comment