I was looking at a friends MySpace page the other day. It is always interesting to see who connects with whom and so on. It really proves the, "6 degrees of separation" theory. I noticed that there is a girl on his page that he is connected with that he obviously really likes and she seems to like him as well, but they live in two different countries.
It started me thinking about a similar situation that I am in. I am a true believer that everything happens for a reason. I have always let myself go where paths lead me in life. I never usually fight anything. For example, I have always been a really outdoorsy type of person. I lived in Vermont for several years but when I graduated, it was time for me to get a job. I found a lot of opportunity in Boston which I dreaded because I never wanted to live in such a big city like Boston. I knew in my gut that it was the right thing to do, so I packed up my life, left all of my friends and moved to the city. It wasn't ideal for me, I didn't know anyone, but I adjusted and I feel now that I was supposed to do that because of the experiences I had, what I learned and the resume I built.
I also feel this way about the people I meet. I always feel that people come in and out of your life for a reason. You may not know why now....later....or ever, but things happen in life for a reason. I am currently a single professional woman. I am always super busy and don't feel like I find a lot of time to go out and meet new people. I typically go out with my friends, my sister, and family, but it is usually in a setting where it is dinner out, or dinner at their house. Never a real opportunity to meet a new man. I have done the online dating thing on and off for a while with some success in meeting a nice person here and there, but obviously nothing that has been substantial yet.
Last year I went out to Colorado to visit my friends and ski. I met someone who was visiting a friend at the ski house for the holidays as well. I felt that we may have had a connection. We seemed to have a lot of fun together and I ended up really liking him. The only problem is that he lived over 2,000 miles away. After a couple of months of getting home and getting back into my routine I forced myself to not like him anymore and to stop thinking about him because there was no point, we would never be together again.
I went out to Colorado again this year and he called me about two weeks prior to me going out there to make plans to hang out while I was in town. I was totally surprised. We ended up spending about 6 days straight together while I was out there. It was a blast and like no time had passed. We skied together every day, made dinners, went hot-tubbing, hung out with out friends, etc. It was a lot of fun. When I left, it was, "goodbye" and that was it. Gone, done, over.
I don't get it. He is someone I really like, I feel it again. He and I were a chance meeting. Why was I supposed to meet him? I know we can never be together because we are both career oriented and are both very established in our respective locations. He is someone I would love to date and see if there was anything there but we would have to live in the same state for us to be together which I realize is impossible unless one of us was willing to give up what we are doing to move and I know that can't happen.
I hope I understand why soon because I feel like I am going crazy. I hate knowing that I feel like I have met someone that I like that I am compatible with. Someone who I would love to have in my life and I can't do anything about it except know that he exists out there and that we can't be together. It is extremely frustrating. Do we all have that person in our lives? Is that how my friend feels about the girl on his MySpace that lives in another country?
No comments:
Post a Comment