
I am having a blast this year at Retallack. Even though it has not snowed a flake since we have been here, it has been incredible. Because the snow has had time to settle, the avalanche danger
is really low. There are thousands of acres here for Retallack to use and they have had the ability to bring us to places that still have untouched powder. We also have been able to go to open bowls that you normally couldn't go to because it is normally too dangerous. That has been an amazing treat.
What I also love about this trip is I always meet really interesting people. I met this woman named Jo who I thought was really nice and has a really great life. Unfortunately she wasn't in my CAT because I would have loved to ski with her. She is an airline pilot for a commercial /
international airline. She is from Australia but lives in Hong Kong and travels to France, Germany, Spain, Italy, etc. She gets to see the world on a regular basis. Really cool girl. I hope to keep in touch with her and visit her someday, maybe CAT ski with her again.
I was roommates with an older woman named Adrianne. She was a little strange as far as high energy, really in your face type of person but she was really nice. She had a cool attitude as far as she loves to ski and was there CAT skiing alone because she feels like if she wants to do something, she is going to go and do it no matter if it is with someone or not. I liked that about her. It actually reminded me of my adventurous attitude because I have gone CAT skiing alone once before. I never miss out on opportunity because I can't rally people. I am all about adventure alone or with friends.
Adrianne was in my CAT and she was great the first part of the day and could keep up, but towards the end of the day, she would slow way down and we waited for her a lot. But once I
found out that she was 60 I had a much different perspective of her. Yeah, she was slow.....but she was out there skiing with a bunch of 30 year olds in the back country. She also hiked when we hiked up into some bowls. I couldn't believe it. I thought about my Mom who is 62 and there is no way she could ever do anything like what Adrianne was doing. Kudos to her!!
I am going to just post a bunch of pictures from here on out and let the pictures speak for themselves. It has been absolutely beautiful here, bluebird every day. Steep terrain, powder, powder everywhere!!! Yeeeehaw! :
-)













is really low. There are thousands of acres here for Retallack to use and they have had the ability to bring us to places that still have untouched powder. We also have been able to go to open bowls that you normally couldn't go to because it is normally too dangerous. That has been an amazing treat.What I also love about this trip is I always meet really interesting people. I met this woman named Jo who I thought was really nice and has a really great life. Unfortunately she wasn't in my CAT because I would have loved to ski with her. She is an airline pilot for a commercial /
international airline. She is from Australia but lives in Hong Kong and travels to France, Germany, Spain, Italy, etc. She gets to see the world on a regular basis. Really cool girl. I hope to keep in touch with her and visit her someday, maybe CAT ski with her again.I was roommates with an older woman named Adrianne. She was a little strange as far as high energy, really in your face type of person but she was really nice. She had a cool attitude as far as she loves to ski and was there CAT skiing alone because she feels like if she wants to do something, she is going to go and do it no matter if it is with someone or not. I liked that about her. It actually reminded me of my adventurous attitude because I have gone CAT skiing alone once before. I never miss out on opportunity because I can't rally people. I am all about adventure alone or with friends.
Adrianne was in my CAT and she was great the first part of the day and could keep up, but towards the end of the day, she would slow way down and we waited for her a lot. But once I
found out that she was 60 I had a much different perspective of her. Yeah, she was slow.....but she was out there skiing with a bunch of 30 year olds in the back country. She also hiked when we hiked up into some bowls. I couldn't believe it. I thought about my Mom who is 62 and there is no way she could ever do anything like what Adrianne was doing. Kudos to her!!I am going to just post a bunch of pictures from here on out and let the pictures speak for themselves. It has been absolutely beautiful here, bluebird every day. Steep terrain, powder, powder everywhere!!! Yeeeehaw! :
-)














No comments:
Post a Comment