
I feel like, as I have always said before, that everything happens for a reason. I met Michael under circumstances I didn't expect and I am so glad I did. I also did not think I would meet someone so perfect for me so quickly after my last relationship. I feel like having him in my life has changed everything for me. I have met someone who matches me in energy, drive, ambition, interests, level of activity, social outlets, etc. etc. Having someone like that in my life has given me a new perspective on a lot of things. He also has made me feel at ease in my life as though I have nothing to worry about.
It is hard to explain unless you feel it as I do, but as an example; I am so utterly stressed out about the current economy and the survival of my company. I have been really worried and have been constantly strategizing different ideas on how I am going to make DEI survive through this really tough market. Even though I have this constantly on my mind, I somehow feel at ease. Even though I am running scenarios through my head constantly on what to do next, in the back of my mind I have this feeling that everything will be okay. I think I just feel at peace right now and it is helping me think clearer than ever and not stress out blindly. Don't get me wrong, I am worried about things, but the level of stress is different than it could be.
It is also incredible at the amount of time we have spent together since we met. We both agree that it feels like we have known each other for much longer than we actually have. We have so much fun together and truly enjoy each other's company. It is so nice that he works for a company that allows him to work from home when he is not traveling because it allows him to be flexible. He is at my house most of the week during the weekdays and I spend time at his place on the weekends. It has been really fun. I like his friends a lot too. They all have a ton of energy and go out all the time. I am getting to know downtown Portland better and I really like it. Every time we go out to eat, he knows everyone there and I meet new people all the time. He even knew some people at a restaurant in NH when he was down here one night. It is hilarious. He is a lot of fun, he is funny, goofy and simply someone I am having a great time with. We click so well, it is amazing.
We have done a ton of fun things together already. He has so much energy and wants to go out and do fun things all the time that we always have our calendar full. We went to Cirque Du Soleil in Boston with My sister and Hakan, We have gone Dirt Biking, 4 Wheeling (in trucks), Sailing / Boating, Wakeboarding, lots of walks on the beach with the doggies, Parties, Fishing, on top of the usual going out to dinner, movies, cooking at home, etc. Speaking of which, he is an excellent cook and cooked me the most amazing dinner one night after I had a really long, exhausting day at work. I felt so incredibly spoiled. It was awesome.
I feel very fortunate to have met and clicked so well with someone like Michael. We are so much a like and have so much in common. We have a lot of fun together. We are really looking forward to this winter because we are both equally as into snowboarding and plan to spend every weekend in the mountains. I have been looking for someone who would be willing to go up to the mountains to ride every weekend for so long, let me tell you, it isn't easy to find that in someone. I am very excited. We talk about the winter all the time and it looks as though we may have an awesome winter this year by the way the weather is shaping up already. This fall has been very cold and they are predicting snow in late October with the mountains predicting to be open mid November. It is just around the corner! I am very excited.
Below are some pictures of some of our adventures together. I am saving the Dirt Biking, 4 Wheeling and fishing pictures for a different post. I have a "Redneck Living" post coming up next. It is always an adventure with Michael and I love it. Never a dull moment....always on the go....just my style. :-)
These are some additional sailing pictures that I received after my last post from a different camera that I thought I would post here. They are fun......
Me making faces at Michael........
A real bonus is that his dog and my dogs get along so well. They love each other and play non-stop. They wear each other out, it is so cute. The wrestle, play tug-o-war until they pass out. They sleep so hard these days. It is so cute.

This is Michael and I goofing off at his parents house. His parents live right on the water so he likes to hit golf balls into the water with a club and a bat. I suck at Golf, but I played softball for 10 years, so I was better with the bat. Check out Michael's goofy Raiders hat by the way, he thinks he's a gangster.
Molly and Hakan wanted to audition too..........

Here is a picture of the performers on the high wire. It was a great show and a lot of fun. I got yelled at for this picture.....I don't know how they knew....I didn't use the flash!! I guess it would be a bad idea to have someone taking pictures of the high wire act...in case the flash went off.....ooppss!! That could be BAD!
That is all for now....so far, so good. Michael is a great guy and we are having a lot of fun. Stay tuned for the Redneck adventure post. I also went to see Madonna. What an awesome show!! I have pictures of it to share....she would kick my ass if she knew!! ;-)
Until next time!!
No comments:
Post a Comment