What also has been bothering me is, I was in a relationship recently with someone that I thought I really liked - at first - and I initially thought that he was someone I could be happy being with. We were together for about 4 months and towards the end it started getting weird. I followed my instincts and found out that he had been lying and cheating on me. I promptly broke it off with him and haven't seen him since. He does continually contact me and tell me that he still "cares about me" - whatever. I think he is a total jerk and I certainly do not reciprocate.
At this point I am completely over that whole relationship, but to find out that someone you like is lying and cheating does take a toll on your confidence. It made me feel like absolute shit for a while.
I have decided to not have a serious relationship for a while for a few reasons. For one, when snowboarding season starts, I am always gone on the weekends and it is tough to find time to go on dates. For two, I am taking a trip in March with my sister and my friend Suzette to the USVI to visit my friend Steve and two other guys that he is sailing with and living with on their sailboat for 6 months in the Caribbean. I don't think this would be exactly appropriate to do if I had a boyfriend. Steve and I actually have this weird thing going on right now. He is someone I met while I was living in Maine. When I met him, he and I were both married. I became friends with his Wife Adrienne. She is a really great person. She is really pretty, nice, funny as hell and a total spitfire. My kind of chick. Anytime I would hang out or go out with her, I would have a great time because she would just crack me up the whole time. Well, as you know, I left Erick 3 years ago. Steve and Adrienne got a divorce this summer. Which actually made me really sad because I thought they were an adorable couple.
I had always found Steve attractive, but I never thought anything more about it because I am friends with he and his now Ex-Wife. Steve invited me to go rafting with him this fall, he and I are friends - we've gone skiing together, hung out a little here and there. I didn't think much of it. We had a great time together. It was nice to see Steve in that light. We went with two of his friends and camped out, had fires, went out to dinner. It was relaxing and nice. We had a great time. His friends were really funny too.
A week or so after the trip, Steve called me and told me that he had to get it off his chest on how he felt about me. He told me he had a crush on me and now that he got to spend some 1 on 1 time with me, that he liked me even more. It was tough because I actually was feeling the same way, but it was when I was just starting to date Jeff. (The one who I recently found out was lying and cheating on me). Steve was super cool about everything and understood my position. I am extremely monogamous and I told Steve that I was into Jeff and couldn't do anything about it. Steve was a gentleman and simply said, he had to let me know how he felt but would not do anything about it because of Jeff. So, Steve and I stopped talking for a while because I felt weird about keeping in contact with him knowing how we felt and that I was with Jeff.
As soon and I broke it off with Jeff, I let Steve know. We starting talking a lot after that. We email, text, call, etc. I am starting to like him a lot again, but the problem is that he just left in late November to sail to the Caribbean and is gone for the next 6 months. I am planning on seeing him definitely once, maybe twice. But there is nothing we can do until he gets back next summer and who knows what will be going on in my life by then. :-( I also feel strangely guilty about being interested in and seeing Steve because of Adrienne. She actually emailed me recently to let me know that she in no way had hard feelings about anything. (Steve told her all about how we felt about each other). She even told me she had thought we would make a great couple! See what I mean, she is a super cool chick and it just makes me feel weird about the whole thing.
Anyway, that was a huge sidetrack. I was very flattered by the fact that 6 guys reached out to me and wished me a Merry Christmas this year:
Fred - my ex-boyfriend before Jeff,
Kevin - The guy I met in Colorado last New Years when I went out and visited all of my friends for the annual New Years Party in Summit County. (Whom I am actually seeing again when I go out there this week). He called me last week and we made arrangements for him to come and stay with me in the condo I am renting so we can hang out and ski together like we did last year. It should be a fun time! Jenner - a friend I have had for over 10 years. I am also seeing
him over the New Year this week because he recently moved to Colorado. I am excited to see him because he is someone I really care about as a person and we always have a great time together. He is fun, funny, nice, just a great guy in general. We have a lot of history.
him over the New Year this week because he recently moved to Colorado. I am excited to see him because he is someone I really care about as a person and we always have a great time together. He is fun, funny, nice, just a great guy in general. We have a lot of history. I also got a greeting from Gerrit who is a really attractive guy that I met on eHarmony that I had a few dates with recently, but I don't see it going anywhere. He seems like the kind of guy that doesn't want to "settle" into a relationship, he seems like he is more interested in dating around. He is also younger than me, he is 31.
And then of course, Steve. But Steve called me, which was really nice. He is such a sweetheart. I am excited to see him! I am going to try to see him in February.
So.....I think I am doing okay for a 33 year old single woman?? We'll see. I also recently met two people online that ski. So, I foresee this winter being an absolute adventure between the dating scene and the Caribbean trip to see Steve.
Thank you guys for being thoughtful, thinking of me over Christmas and wishing me well! :-)



No comments:
Post a Comment