Today is my birthday. I am 33 years old.
I never wanted to take the time to set up a MySpace page, or join Facebook. But recently, I have been feeling like I needed an outlet to express myself. A place maybe where I can post things like pictures, thoughts, funny events, insight to share with my friends and family. I thought maybe a blog was more appropriate for who I am. I have previewed the other outlets and felt they were not for me.
At 33 years old, I never thought I would be where I am today. It is funny where life takes you. I also remember being young and thinking about a person in their 30-ies and thinking how old they were. It is amazing how fast I reached this age how young I still feel. I have always wondered when you are actually supposed to, "grow up". When is that pivotal moment supposed to happen when you are, "grown up"? Is it something that you are supposed to have achieved? It it an age? Or is it actually a mindset? I sometimes look at my older brother, my parents, their friends; all people who are older than me and I really look at their personalities, behavior and lifestyle and realize that we are all the same, we don't change from 13 to 33 to 63.
I never wanted to take the time to set up a MySpace page, or join Facebook. But recently, I have been feeling like I needed an outlet to express myself. A place maybe where I can post things like pictures, thoughts, funny events, insight to share with my friends and family. I thought maybe a blog was more appropriate for who I am. I have previewed the other outlets and felt they were not for me.
At 33 years old, I never thought I would be where I am today. It is funny where life takes you. I also remember being young and thinking about a person in their 30-ies and thinking how old they were. It is amazing how fast I reached this age how young I still feel. I have always wondered when you are actually supposed to, "grow up". When is that pivotal moment supposed to happen when you are, "grown up"? Is it something that you are supposed to have achieved? It it an age? Or is it actually a mindset? I sometimes look at my older brother, my parents, their friends; all people who are older than me and I really look at their personalities, behavior and lifestyle and realize that we are all the same, we don't change from 13 to 33 to 63.
I don't know if that makes sense, but the bottom line is that there isn't this life changing event that takes place that makes you a "grown up". I mean, we all have experiences that may move us and change us in certain ways, but I believe that we all have an inner child that never goes away. A certain immaturity that causes us to continually be curious and learn and grow, to make mistakes and to have the desire to get out of bed everyday to see what is going to happen next.
We are all very lucky to be here. I thank my stars every day to have been given the opportunity to be who I am, to have the life I have, to have the energy I have to do the things I do and to wake up every day to live life. I feel like life is so short and we need to take advantage of it.
The name of my blog is, "in the pursuit of...." because I feel like I am always in the pursuit of something. Whether it is to find true love, true happiness, the next fun trip, the next powder day, to achieve my next goal, to be successful, I am constantly moving and chasing something. I will try to keep you entertained with my adventures and thoughts.
No comments:
Post a Comment