Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas!!

Merry Christmas!!






I am spending Christmas this year with my Dad, My stepmother - Noreen and my sister Molly. My Dad and I usually do a lot of cooking together which is nice. We both really enjoy cooking and we have taken cooking lessons together before. This year though, my Dad did most of the cooking. I wasn't at the house early enough this year. I worked a little later than I would have liked to Christmas Eve. But Christmas at my Dad's is always a good time. This year we went to a friend / neighbors house for a party. My Dad lives in a neighborhood that is a place where the same people have been living there for years and years. Some of these neighbors have children my age that I went to school with. I saw some of them last night and I haven't seen them in years. It was nice to see everyone again, (the parents, the kids, everyone).
It is a lot of fun to hang out with my sister too. The older she gets, the more fun we have together and the closer we get. We have been hanging out quite a bit these days because she is living in Boston and going to school now. She is also 22, so we can get into a lot more places together. We go out in the city a lot. We have gone dancing, checked out several new, "hot spots", it has been really fun. One of our favorite hot spots is the, "Beehive". There is usually a line to get in, but it is worth the wait. We usually always meet a few interesting new people to talk to. Well, the truth is, my sister is a guy magnet. It is hilarious to watch men trip over themselves to talk to her and buy her drinks. I am usually the "wing man" for her. I have to occupy the guys she doesn't want to talk to so she can talk to the ones she likes. It is so funny because when I stand in front of these guys to talk to them and "block" them, you can tell they are annoyed because they really don't want to be talking to me and they hate that she is talking to another man. Men are so silly sometimes. They get all territorial when they are trying to get a woman's attention.

One time at Beehive there were two guys that came over and sat with us. It was obvious that they were trying to pick up Molly. We found out later that the plan was they would both talk to us but the blond guy was going to pick up Molly and the other one was supposed to either talk to me or pick me up or something like that. It ended up that they both liked Molly and when the brunette started talking to Molly, they actually hit it off better and the blond stormed off. It was so childish, like a little boy. I get a kick out of watching all of this go down, it is hilarious. I have never been big on meeting guys in bars, the activities I have witnessed over the last year have reinforced that for me. The behavior I have seen is just so piggish and immature.

Anyway, I digress. The summary is that it is fun to be with friends and family around the holidays. To be honest, I always dread the holidays because I hate the shopping aspect of it. But once all that is over with, I love the social aspects of eating, drinking and being merry with everyone. It is a good excuse for a gathering and a huge feast.

There are some people that I wished I could be with this Christmas, primarily my friend Suzette. She lives in Colorado and is a Friend that I care about a lot and I worry about all the time. I am going to have a post dedicated to her soon, but for right now, I wanted to say that she is a wonderful person that has recently had a series of tragic events that have put her though a lot emotionally. My heart goes out to her on this holiday. I will be seeing her very soon. Friday I am flying out to Colorado for a week where I will see all of my good friends and some family to ski and hang out. I am really excited about it. I wish Suzette the best and hope that she will soon have incredible happiness in her life. I know that what she is going through right now is very difficult, but I know in the end, she will be a strong woman.


Merry Christmas everyone! I wish you all a happy, healthy holiday season!

Eat, Drink and Be Merry!!



No comments: